Contact us at:
To find out how to donate to H2yOu’s mission, please email us.
H2you is a social water storytelling platform for educating worldwide learners.
The ultimate goal is to inspire people to take action to conserve for and care for our shared global resource of water.
The objectives of H2you are to:
- Understand where drinking water is sourced from
- Explore and connect to local environment through water
- Learn unique qualities and conservation concerns of local water
- Create and share a water story on an international platform
- Compare and contrast local water to other water sources worldwide
This idea was inspired from Laura Schetter’s experiences as a Grosvenor Teacher Fellow of National Geographic/Lindblad Expeditions. Geographic Literacy goes beyond teaching how to find a spot on a map. It is thinking about how people interact with the environment. It is how the environment is impacted by people. It is understanding how communities around the world each have their unique geographic and cultural features.
People all over the world also have many things in common. Water is a commonality for all humans and for all living things. Every living thing on planet earth has one thing in common: we all need access to clean water to survive. Look at a map – all waterways connect. Taking care of our own water is not just taking care of our community – it is caring for the global community’s water source. We all share this one source of water.